Citavi Beta 6.5.5 now available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing.
This version is no longer available for download.
What is a beta version?
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
Who should install beta versions?
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
How can you share feedback while trying out the beta?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a new post in our forum.
What happens to your projects and Word documents?
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
How do you know when the beta phase ends and an update is available?
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
- The feature “Send support information” now checks for common Word Add-In installation problems.
- For the "Patent" reference type, the duplicate recognition now checks whether the field “Number” is the same.
- Citavi froze if the search was open in the preview pane and the user switched to another reference.
- Citavi froze if a Word file was added as an attachment to a reference and the preview pane was active.
- Citavi slowed down if the “Show all annotations” option was enabled.
- Citavi slowed down if the “Always save Citavi annotations in the PDF file as well” option was enabled and the attachments were saved in a OneDrive folder.
- During an offline session, if a quotation or task was added to a reference and the reference was then deleted, changes made during the offline session were not changed and the user was not notified.
- When importing PDF files in a local project, the option “Rename with Citavi short title” did not work.
- PDF annotations created with Microsoft Edge could not be added.
- Knowledge items added from PDF files always used the English-language spelling checker.
- The feature “Show knowledge item in document” did not work if only the citation had been inserted.
Citavi for DBServer
- When switching between multiple database connections, the view was not updated correctly.
- The list of team members was not displayed correctly in DBServer projects that used an SQL Azure database.