Citavi Beta 6.6.5 now available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing.
This version is no longer available for download.
What is a beta version?
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
Who should install beta versions?
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
How can you share feedback while trying out the beta?
Contact us at email@example.com or create a new post in our forum.
What happens to your projects and Word documents?
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
How do you know when the beta phase ends and an update is available?
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
This update contains bug fixes for errors in the previous beta version.
In rare cases an error while saving (Error C406) could occur in cloud projects.
- Citavi no longer found open access articles in ScienceDirect.
- Citavi interpreted “Li” as a prefix rather than as a family name.
- If a local project was created from an archive copy, Citavi did not copy all of the PDF files from the archive copy to the Citavi Attachments folder if a PDF file had too long of a file name.
- In the “Remember me on this computer” window, the “Next” button was located outside of the visible area for people with vision impairments.
- Under certain circumstances the Citavi Word Add-In could not load cloud projects.