Adding Tasks (Turquoise Highlight)
Assign a task to a text passage that you want to complete later.
- Discuss: You want to discuss a central idea from the text passage with your team.
- Read: In the text or in the reference list a work was cited that you want to find and read.
- Go through bibliography: The list of references contains sources that you would like to add and evaluate in Citavi (see also Evaluating a Bibliography).
- Examine and assess: In the text you found a claim that you want to double check.
Selecting Text and Assigning a Task
- Use the text selection tool to select the text you want to highlight:
- Click the Task icon:
- Select the task you want to assign.
The turquoise highlight on the left margin of your PDF document shows you the text passage that is linked with the task.
Deleting Turquoise Highlights.
A turquoise highlight lets you know that the highlighted text passage is linked to a task (see Adding tasks to text passages).
- Right-click the turquoise highlight in the margin.
- On the shortcut menu, select Delete.
- Citavi asks if you only want to delete the highlight or if you want to delete the highlight and its corresponding Citavi item (i.e. the task).
- Select what you want to delete and click OK.