Adding Tasks (Turquoise Highlights)
Sometimes you might read something that gives you an idea you want to pursue later on. You can add tasks to text passages for this purpose:
- Discuss: You want to discuss a central idea from the text passage with your team.
- Read: In the text or in the reference list a work was cited that you want to find and read.
- Go through bibliography: The list of references contains sources that you would like to add and evaluate in Citavi (see also Evaluating a Bibliography).
- Examine and assess: In the text you found a claim that you want to double check.
Selecting Text and Assigning a Task
- Use the text selection tool to select the text you want to highlight:
- Click the Task icon:
- Select the task from the menu. The text is highlighted in turquoise and a turquoise highlight appears in the margin. Citavi automatically switches to the Tasks & Locations tab where you can view and edit the newly created task.
- To edit the task, double-click it.
Once you are done editing the task, the highlight in the text will disappear. The highlight in the margin remains, however. By clicking the highlight in the margin, yo'll be able to see the highlight in the text again. die Bearbeitung abgeschlossen ist, verschwindet die Textmarkierung. Die Randmarkierung bleibt sichtbar. When you double-click the highlight in the margin, Citavi automatically switches to the Tasks & Locations tab and selects the corresponding task.
Deleting Turquoise Highlights.
A turquoise highlight lets you know that the highlighted text passage is linked to a task (see Adding tasks to text passages).
- Right-click the turquoise highlight in the margin.
- On the shortcut menu, select Delete.
- Citavi asks if you only want to delete the highlight or if you want to delete the highlight and its corresponding Citavi item (i.e. the task).
- Select what you want to delete and click OK.