Checklist Setting up Citavi for DBServer
- Install SQL Server Express if you don’t already have an SQL Server. Make sure to installl the correct version so that you can use the full-text search later on. (Details)
- Install Citavi on the computer that the SQL Server is installed on. (Download) Citavi DBServer Manager will be automatically installed as well.
- Open Citavi DBServer Manager by double-clicking the Citavi DBServer Manager.exe file in the folder \Citavi 5\bin\. Then, follow the steps for setting up a database. (Details)
- Add users to the database. (Details)
- Install licenses and assign PER SEAT licenses to users. (Details)
- Create a new project in the database. You will need to specify a network drive folder where Citavi should save attachments. (Details)
- Assign roles to the project’s users. (Details)
- Install Citavi on the users’ computers (technical requirements) using the MSI Setup (download) and a software distribution system, if you want.
Instead of a client installation, you can also use a terminal server/Citrix environment. (Details)
- Use Citavi DBServer Manager to create a connection file for the project and send it to the project users. (Details)
- Users can open the project by double-clicking the connection file. After that, the project will appear on the Citavi Welcome Screen and can be opened from there.