Customizing Citation Key Templates
- On the Tools menu, click Options. On the General tab, click Customize next to the selected Citation key support checkbox.
- To change the default template for all reference types, click Default.
- Make the changes you want. You can change what fields are used to build the key, how they are formatted, the punctuation used, and conditional exceptions.
- If you need certain reference types to have special citation keys, you can define additional templates for each of them. Click Add template for reference type and then configure the template.
- When you are finished making changes, click OK. Citavi asks what you want to do with existing citation keys.
You may want to change some of the automatically generated citation keys. Click the blue Citation key field label. Enter the new citation key in the A custom citation key field.