Importing from RefMe
Citavi can import bibliographies created with RefMe:
- Open your project in RefMe.
- Click Export.
- Select the Zotero option (RefMe saves this information in RIS format, which can be imported by any bibliographic software.)
- Citavi recognizes the file type and offers to import the information in one your Citavi projects. Select the project you want.
- Citavi will ask you to double check the character encoding and the order or author names. Make corrections if needed and click Next.
- Citavi opens the Import window. If you want, you can select individual references. Otherwise, all references in the list will be imported.
- Click Add to project to complete the import.
Some reference types (for example, Hearing) are not available in Citavi. Any references without a corresponding reference type will be be given the Unknown reference type