The following problems can be easily fixed by repairing the Citavi installation:
- The Citavi Word Add-In is out-of-date
You can check to see if this is the case by comparing the version number of the Word Add-In with the version number of Citavi. Usually this occurs if Word was still running in the background while the update was being installed. The version number of the Word Add-In can be found in Word on the Citavi ribbon by clicking About. The version number of Citavi can be found by opening a Citavi project and clicking Help > About.
- The Citavi Word Add-In is either disabled or does not appear.
This can happen if you install a newer version of Office or install Office after installing Citavi.
- The Picker for Acrobat does not appear
This can happen if you installed the Picker for an older version of Acrobat and later install a newer version.
Repairing the installation of Citavi has no effect on your Citavi projects, Word documents created with the Word Add-In, or your license key.
- Close all programs (Citavi, Word, browsers, Acrobat, Outlook, Windows Explorer, etc.).
- Switch to the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Citavi 5.
- Click Change.
- The Citavi 5 Setup Assistant starts. Click Next.
- Select Repair and then click Next to begin the repair process.