After starting Microsoft Word you do not see the Citavi tab or it is unavailable.
Read on below for solutions to these common problems:
- The Add-In is not visible in Word
- The Add-In is visible in Word but cannot be started.
The Word Add-In cannot be loaded if a Word document is visible in the Preview in Windows Explorer or if you're using a format other than .docx.
Select the solution that applies to your situation:
- When installing Citavi did you choose to not install the Word Add-In?
Or did you first install Citavi and then install Word?
Solution: Install the Word Add-In.
- Is the Add-In not visible?
Solution: Check first if the Word Add-In is installed. Then choose either solution A, B, or C.
- Is the Word Add-In visible but unavailable (displayed in gray)?
Was the document opened in protected view? If so, select Enable editing and then restart Word. If the document was not opened in protected view, try solution A.
Cause: Since Word was still running in the background the Word Add-In could not be loaded. This can happen if in the Windows File Explorer a Word file was open in the preview.
If the Word Add-In does not appear, try solution C.
Cause: The existing Microsoft Office installation gives Citavi the wrong or incorrect information during the installation. As a result, the Add-In cannot be installed.
1. Uninstall Citavi (This will not affect your projects, settings or license key.)
2. Repair your Office installation. This ensures that Citavi can find the correct entries in the Windows Registry when you reinstall it:
Repair Office 365
Repair Office 2013 or 2010
3. Make sure that Word isn't running.
Cause: Word disabled the Citavi Word Add-In.
Is the Add-In still not visible?
Is the Word Add-In still not visible? Contact the Citavi Support.