In the following scenarios you might want to convert fields in a Word document or placeholders.
- You used the Publication Assistant to create a publication in Word, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice. You now want to continue writing your paper using Citavi's Word Add-In. To do so, you need to Convert Citavi placeholders to fields.
- Until now, you've used EndNote or Reference Manager to insert references into your Word document. You now want to continue working with the Word Add-In. To do so, import your EndNote library or Reference Manager database into Citavi. Then, convert the EndNote or Reference Manager fields to Citavi fields.
- You used the Add-In for Word to create a publication that you want to submit to a publisher. The publisher requests a document without fields. Save a copy as static text and submit this version to the publisher.
- You have been working with the Word Add-In but now want to switch to OpenOffice or LibreOffice and continue working with the Publication Assistant. To do so, save a copy with Citavi placeholders.
- You gave your Word document with Citavi fields to another person who inserted references from a Citavi project you do not have access to. Or you cited references that you later deleted from your project. On the Citations tab you see gray question marks in front of the missing references. You now would like to copy the references to your project.