Working with Mind Mapping Software
MindMaps display hierarchical structures in tree form. You can import outlines from mind mapping software into Citavi. Citavi can exchange data with MindManager Pro® (versions 6 and later), FreeMind® und ConceptDraw®.
- In the Knowledge Organizer click Categories. In the toolbar above the navigation area, click Tools Point to Import category system > From a MindManager document (or from another of the supported programs).
- Choose the document and click Open. Citavi imports the outline into your project as a category system.
Exporting a Category System to a Mind Mapping Program
- In the Knowledge Organizer click Categories. In the toolbar above the navigation area, click Tools Point to Export category system > To MindManager (or FreeMind or ConceptDraw).
- Citavi saves the file in .mpx format if you choose MindManager® or in .mm format if you choose FreeMind.
- If you're working with MindManager® start MindJet MindManager Pro®. On the File menu, point to Import and click Import from MPX file. If you're working with FreeMind, on the File menu, click Open.
MindManager does not have an import format of its own, and instead uses Microsoft Project Exchange (MPX) format. MPX was originally created for exchanging project management data. Note that MPX files created in Citavi are intended only for importing to MindManager Pro (version 6 or later) and cannot be imported to Microsoft Project. MindManager Lite cannot import or export MPX files.