Citavi Beta 6.4.5 Now Available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing.
- The Citavi Picker can now be used in Microsoft Edge.
- It’s now possible to find the full text of ebooks you added to your project with the DOI name.
- Data from an EndNote Traveling Library can now be imported.
- Databases created with Endnote X9.3 can be imported again.
- The Picker supports repositories created with Dspace.
- When importing from Excel, cells formatted as dates were not imported correctly.
- When importing PDFs, the ISBN could not be read from the file name.
- Citavi assigned the incorrect reference type to some references with DataCite DOIs.
- When copying references to another Citavi project via the Clipboard, all references were labeled as duplicates.
- Improvements for working offline and in unstable networks.
- Improvements for data synchronization during teamwork.
- Under certain circumstances, Citavi did not recognize when the user had ended an offline session.
- Under Windows 8.1 Citavi did not show cloud projects that the user had been invited to join.
- Under certain circumstances restoring deleted elements from the recycle bin could cause an error to occur.
- After creating a project copy using the option “Save a copy of this project” the sorting of knowledge items in categories and keywords was lost.
- Under certain circumstances after using the “Save a copy of this project” or “Archive project” commands PDFs were moved instead of copied.
- When opening an archived copy of a project, the admin setting "SharedAttachmentsFolder" was ignored.
- After a project was repaired due to database inconsistencies, the due date for tasks was replaced with the date of the repair.
- Creating a PDF copy in the preview pane has been improved.
- The size of the bookmark view from PDFs in the preview pane can now be changed.
- On the “Quotations & comments” tab, Citavi would only show the formatting of knowledge items if the position of the preview window was changed.
- The digital certificate for the document template for the Word Add-In had expired.
- The Citavi Word Add-In was not loaded if the document was visible in the Window file manager preview.
- Under certain circumstances the Citavi Pane did not update right away if changes were made in the project assigned to the document.
- Under certain circumstances, the width of the Citavi Pane would reduce each time Word was restarted.
- SVG files could not be added as an image quotation in the Word Add-In.
- The Word Add-In did not retain italic formatting in knowledge items.
- The Word Add-In did not retain hyphens in lists in knowledge items.
- Under certain circumstances hyphens between first and middle names could cause an error to occur.
- The undo feature when working with chapter bibliographies has been improved.
- The DBServer Manager now has better performance.
- Creating error logs with the "/log" option no longer worked.
Citation Style Editor
- Settings for the “column” page type were not saved. In addition, settings for column suffixes and margin note prefixes overwrote each other.
- Letters were added to distinguish two references by the same team of authors even when they already differed due to the presence of “et al.”
Password-protected team projects created with Citavi 3 or Citavi 4 can no longer be directly migrated to Citavi 6.5. The password protection needs to be removed in Citavi 3 or 4 before the migration.