Citavi Beta 6.9.1 now available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing.
This version is no longer available for download.
What is a beta version?
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
Who should install beta versions?
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
How can you share feedback while trying out the beta?
Contact us at email@example.com or create a new post in our forum.
What happens to your projects and Word documents?
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
How do you know when the beta phase ends and an update is available?
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
- New Citavi account login process in Citavi for Windows:
Since Google no longer supports authentication via a browser control embedded in desktop applications, effective July 1, 2021, this will now be done via a separate browser window. All previous login options are available there, including authentication via Google. After logging in, please click the Open Citavi button in the separate browser window - then you can choose between the options Remember me on this computer or When exiting Citavi log out of account as usual. You can then close the separate browser window.
- New NVivo Export: You can now export your literature data in Citavi in a format that allows you to import it into NVivo afterwards.
- New NVivo Import: The reverse is also possible: Export your literature data in RIS format in NVivo and choose File > Import > NVivo in Citavi for Windows.
Citavi for DBServer
- The Manage Licenses function is now also available to the User Administrator for assigning a per-seat license to a user.
- In the context of Onedrive, Citavi crashed when displaying a cover.
- Full texts of journal articles from Wiley could not be found.
- The Word add-in now also runs with .NET 4.6.1 under Windows 7 - previously .NET 4.8 was required.
- The Same as previous style setting did not work with name prefixes.
- The Adjust Scroll Speed add-on does not currently work. The scroll speed always remains the same.